Pet urgent care in Wooster, OH
When every second matters, we’ll be there to care for your pet.
We offer pet urgent care in Wooster, OH.
Please call us at 330-262-3465 before arrival if your pet is experiencing a health problem so that our team may triage the urgency of your pet’s needs. Ark Veterinary Hospital is prepared for urgent care assistance during our regular opening hours to any pets in need as our staffing and scheduling allows.
What you need to know to care for your pet:
What is considered an animal emergency?
If you’re not sure if your pet is dealing with an urgent health issue, we can help. If any of the signs or problems listed below are familiar to your dog, contact Ark Veterinary Hospital, Metropolitan Veterinary Hospital, or MedVet Akron right away.
- Struggling to breathe
- Chronic coughing
- Vomiting/diarrhea for 24+ hours
- Straining to urinate/defecate
- Blood in stool and vomit
- Ingested a foreign body
- Ingested a toxin
- Fought with another dog/cat or wild animal
- Sustained blunt force injuries from a fall or collision
- Bleeding heavily
- Bleeding from ears or nose
- Sitting, unmoving, with forehead pressed to the wall
- Has possible broken bones
- Cannot walk or stand
- Is having or had a seizure
- Sustained an eye injury
- Has not had any food or water for 24+ hours
- Has been in labor for an hour or more without delivering any puppies/kittens
- Appears to be in great pain
- Appears lethargic and disoriented
- Body feels unusually warm