If your dog or cat is having a health emergency, please call us at (330) 262-3465 before coming in, so our veterinary team can evaluate the severity of your emergency and prepare a room and any equipment necessary to treat your pet.
Ark Veterinary Hospital is able to offer urgent assistance during our regular opening hours to any pets in need.
Who to Call for After-Hours Pet Emergencies
Once our animal hospital is closed for the day, we recommend keeping the contact information for MedVet of Akron, OH nearby just in case. They offer 24/7 emergency services for dogs, cats, and various other species.
Signs of an Animal Emergency
Pet emergencies can be obvious, or they can be subtle. If any of the symptoms or situations below match what your pet is currently experiencing, contact Ark Veterinary Hospital or MedVet Akron right away.
- Struggling to breathe
- Chronic coughing
- Vomiting/diarrhea for 24+ hours
- Straining to urinate/defecate
- Blood in stool and/or vomit
- Ingested a foreign body
- Ingested a toxin
- Fought with another dog/cat or wild animal
- Sustained blunt force injuries from a fall or collision
- Bleeding heavily
- Bleeding from ears or nose
- Sitting, unmoving, with forehead pressed to the wall
- Has possible broken bones
- Cannot walk or stand
- Is having or had a seizure
- Sustained an eye injury
- Has not had any food or water for 24+ hours
- Has been in labor for an hour or more without delivering any puppies/kittens
- Appears to be in great pain
- Appears lethargic and/or disoriented
- Body feels unusually warm